Monday, February 20, 2006

KNOE More About Me

One of my very own emails that I received a few weeks ago:

"Hey, let me take the opportunity to introduce myself im matthew. I am a high school teacher here in quuens where i teach european history and sociology. On the side i do two things coach track & field and do freelance accounting ( not the funnest jobs) I could go on and on about how great a guy i am and how perfect you would be for me but in all honesty theres just so much you can learn abotu a person in a two paragraph letter. What i can tell you is that i am a caring individual that has done the bar scene and has finnally realized its not for me. Dont get me wrong i love going to the bars with my freinds but to meet a girl and get to know her well enough to pursue it mor ethan that evening probrably not. Im looking for someone that is fun in my own quircky way such as watching tv shows on a quest for finding the next great show or walking down central park and appreciate it before it gets to cold and you dont have the brown leaves ruffling around.

If you would like to knoe more about me by all means please email me back.

PS I will one day be the world series of poker champion :)"
Contribute your funny dating emails to ilikedyourprofile@gmail.com

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, Now tell what is exactly so VERY wrong about this? It's not like I find it extremely good, but I'm just starting to feel like there is simply no way to write a perfect first e-mail.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

12:45 PM  
Blogger EMS said...

Neil-

There's nothing wrong with it, rather I found it a bit humorous. First, he's a teacher, and can barely spell properly or use correct grammar. Still nothing "wrong". Next, I found it quite amusing that he mentioned his aspirations for holding the championship title in poker. I may not be alone for thinking this guy may be a gambling addict! You are right for saying that there is no perfect first email, but you have to admit that some of them make you laugh. I even respond to a lot of the ones that I receive. I love humor!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I have no problem with this email except for the spelling and grammar. I assume this guy went to college and knows a little about writing . . . he couldn't take the time to proofread this and add some much needed commas and periods?

I went through and edited it. It makes a huge difference. Proofread your emails!

"Hey, let me take the opportunity to introduce myself. I'm Matthew. I am a high school teacher here in Queens, where I teach european history and sociology. On the side, I do two things: coach track & field and do freelance accounting (not the funnest jobs).

I could go on and on about how great a guy I am and how perfect you would be for me, but in all honesty there's just so much you can learn about a person in a two- paragraph letter. What I can tell you is that I am a caring individual that has done the bar scene and has finally realized it's not for me. Don't get me wrong. I love going to the bars with my friends, but to meet a girl and get to know her well enough to pursue it further . . . probably not. I'm looking for someone that is fun in my own quirky way: like watching tv shows on a quest to find the next great show, or walking down to Central Park to appreciate it before it gets too cold and you don't have the brown leaves ruffling around.

If you would like to know more about me, by all means please email me back.

P.S. I will one day be the world series of poker champion :)"

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ems - don't get me wrong, I definately do find them to be funny, it's just that for me that particular one wasn't really that bad, except for that grammar thing I could write one like this myself, so I wanted to see what drew your attention to it:)

Like for instance, I would have never interpreted this poker thing as a possible gambling addiction, when I read it, it appeared as some sort of hobby thing, completely harmless, but I guess it's just the matter of having some experiences with the kind of gambling freaks (gambling isn't really popular where I come from).

Anyway, Now I know that whenever I would be thinking of sending this very first e-mail I should make sure to first pass it to you for any inside comments:))

5:17 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

The "wrong" is the atrocious grammar and spelling. And he's a teacher?! I despair for his students. There's also womething off about the random reference to poker. Plus, it's your opening e-maill and you're telling someone you're into quircy [sic] things, like watching television? As a whole he comes off as boring and not that bright.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home