Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Mr. Thorough

Submitted by an "I Liked Your Profile" reader:
"Hi, I read your post and was quite interested in what you had to say. I figure that I should tell you a bit about myself and we can see what happens from there.

-I am white

-I am of Italian decent and although I am not some geep off the boat, I am proud of my heritage, as you should be proud of yours also.

-I am 6 foot 2 inches tall

-I weigh 210 lbs., with an athletic build.

-I am employed and happy with what I do and feel that if you don't enjoy your job you should be looking hard for a new one

-I have short brown hair with some gray coming in

-I have a strong sense of morals and values, sometimes a bit old fashioned.

-I am not as romantic as most women would like. I am a man, and although I don't play the macho role, I am sorry but I am not one to buy flowers for no occassion, or to sneek kisses in public, or need to be held.

-I am always a gentleman.

-I have excellent table manners

-I try to be as down to earth as humanly possible.

-I find it extremely sexy for people to be passionate about something. It can be for a cause, or an opinion, or anything else, as long as they feel strong about something.

-I like to be alone sometimes and I respect your wanting to be alone sometimes too.

-I love confidence, but hate conceit, to which there is a fine line.

-I have only dated italian or spanish women. I don't know why this is but it has just worked out that way, I am not racist.

-I hate smoking.

-I hate drugs.

-I do enjoy a drink or two.

-I like to go out to eat, but I also enjoy staying at home and cooking something special.

-Love Italian, Chinese, Sushi, Seafood, and will try anything new.

-Hate Mexican, and Indian food or the accompanying smell that goes with it.

-I enjoy cocktails and conversation at intimate lounges. My club days are over, and although I have fond memories of them, it is in my past

-I am not crazy about new rap, pop, or country music.

-I love all other types of music.

-Going to see live music, at a dive bar or at the Garden or anywhere in between its all great.

-Women, not Girls.

-I love my friends, and they mean alot to me.

-The same goes for my family.

-I love sports, playing or watching.

-I like it when a woman can be funny, not cutesy, which is sickening.

-I like women to act like ladies. I dont like tough guy attitudes on a woman.

-I can be very sarcastic, and I have a dry sense of humor.

-I am brutally honest, so if you ask my opinion, you will get it. I don't sugarcoat my feelings and unfortunately I have hurt a few feelings unintentionally.

-I value a good sense of humor and sense of light heartedness.

-I dont want to shop with you, go with your girlfriends

-I hate when people don't have an opinion on anything. It is a lack of intelligence not to be opinionated.

-I can hold a conversation.

-I use proper grammar unless i am fooling around.

-I do have a NY accent.

-I have a Bachelors degree.

-I can be impatient at times, especially dealing with idiots, but I am working on it.

-I am a Democrat.

-I am Catholic, but I dont attend mass except for Christmas and Easter.

-I almost always try to do the right thing.

-I have had several serious long term relationships and have remained friends with most of them.

-I dont get jealous and I dont deal with people that are.

-I am a poor speller.

-I only remember important things that truly matter.

-I love to travel. I have been all over the Carribean, but now am going to focus on either Europe or out west like the Rockies.

-I love animals, and nature

OK, I realize that I can go on for hours or for pages so I had better stop before you get sick and stop reading this post. Anyway, If any of this sounds appealling to you, write me back. If there is anything else you might want to know about me, just ask.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Thomas"


So here's my question: Which do you prefer? The descriptive, long-winded emails, or the short and sweet?
Contribute your funny dating emails to ilikedyourprofile@gmail.com

3 Comments:

Blogger William Levin said...

Interesting how the guy is so thorough, yet he fails to mention what his job is that makes him so happy, or what field he earned his Bachelors degree in. So despite his long list of personal info, he still comes across as dodgy.

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, I would be scared to receive an email like that:)

I think I'm rather the short-and-sweet-writing one... girls?:)

1:56 PM  
Blogger ab said...

short, sweet, and to the point! :)

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home