Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Flip-Flop Cheese Master

Submitted by an "I Liked Your Profile" reader. The reader claims that Jason sent her a thread of emails a year ago, before arranging a date with her. This is the first email he sent:
"Do you believe that we have twins?

Without knowing you, but just looking at your photos and how you write about yourself, I can say with some sort of sureness that you are exactly like my friend Margot. This is a high compliment, as Margot is one of the best people I know.

When we last met we drank Champagne and ended up taking our glasses out for a walk down 15th St.

But... I know you're not Margot. Maybe I will get the chance to know you as well?

Warmly,

Jason"
They arranged a date, but he canceled the night of the date, claiming he preferred to meet with a different girl he met online, for whom he had a "better feeling".
The following is his email one year later,apparently after that "better feeling" relationship flopped:
"How’s Park Slope?

I’m not sure if you remember me or not, but we were chatting for a short while last fall. I had actually canceled on meeting you to meet someone else. Well let that be a powerful lesson to me about how much online dating sucks. Since then I’ve come to the conclusion that most of the people on this site aren’t for me. I guess it pays to be a picky shopper after all.

Point of email… if you don’t think I’m a big moron (which I would accept) maybe you’d like to pick up the thread.

If nothing else. please buy some cheese. This is a project I’ve been working on non-stop since January, and loving it.

www.xxxcheese.com

Hmmm. Anything else. I bought a farm table, but have no chairs.

Warmly,

Jason"
Her response:
"you've got to be joking. buy some cheese? what is this, spam????"
Jason's reply:
" Everything is spam. It's not often you can say you're in advertising and selling something that actually makes the world a better place. It's better than hocking another server or soda drink. However, yes, an odd thing to mention in an email. But for every silly hunk of cheese that goes out the door, that's money in the bank account of some family farm.

Jason"
Contribute your funny dating emails to ilikedyourprofile@gmail.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

That man is a few chairs short of a dining room.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home