Monday, March 13, 2006

Does Persistence Pay Off?

A set of two emails, which an "I Liked Your Profile" reader claims were sent within a few hours of each other:
Email #1
"Would Marcel Proust's "Rememberance of Things Past" have been the same if he would have met you? Probably not. Would his life have been more interesting, Id probably have to say yes.

Rebecca, finding you here this sunny Sunday morning, definitely bodes well for how this day will go for me. I really enjoyed what you had to say. I very much appreciate your independence, pragmatism, quest for the non-mundane and affinity for Eastern European cuisine.

Definitely a man willing to make the big jump with an equally fearless partner. It would make my day to hear from you.

Best,

Vadim"

Email #2
"Hello Again,

Im a firm believer in persistence. So I throw caution to the wind and send another note your way.

I saw that you read my email but I wasnt sure how it might have come across. Its very hard to tell whether the person writing is full of themselves, sarcastic, tongue in cheek, trying to be funny, etc. Theyre not in front of us, so we cant tell what their facial expressions are, the tone, are they smiling, and so on.

I dont know if I came off a bit over the top, full of myself or something to that effect. Im not, Im a genuinely nice guy who's lived a life. Im fun, romantic, world aware, strong desire to learn, and to be with someone who wants life to be a grand adventure and knows that life is challenging, but we dont have to constantly remind ourselves of that. To me, it seemed that on initial pass, you fit that bill.

Finding you here, well, it was very exciting for me. Thats why I wrote then, thats why I write now. Im not much for drama and certainly not very melodramatic myself. So if I dont hear from you, Im quite certain life will go on, the water in my sink will still drain in a clockwise manner, the sun will rise and set where it does, and we'll still be driving on the left side of the road. But who knows, it could be more fun if I did hear from you. Isnt it worth finding out?

Victor"
Contribute your funny dating emails to ilikedyourprofile@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home