Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Breaking Up After Seven Emails

Submitted by an "I Liked Your Profile" reader:

His e-mail to me:
"I understand if you don't like me. That I can deal with. What I don't really like is being bullshitted. You read it right: bullshitted. If writing a few letters to you and expressing the fact that I happen to like you a lot and that you're a beautiful girl is "coming on too strongly," then either the world has changed a great deal since I learned the ways of dating, or you're bullshitting me. Please spare me the "business-like" dismissal and the contrived reasons for rejecting me. Just spare me, and tell the truth. Put yourself in my shoes. If you really liked someone, what would you have done? Acted like you DIDN'T like them? If that's your philosophy, prepare to live a very lonely existence. Maybe I'm just a little too damn honest for today's "dating games." I just wish you'd have met me in person because you'd have seen what an impressive person you're leaving behind. That's not arrogance, it's true. It's your loss, dear."

My e-mail to him, after he sends me SEVEN e-mails, which I did not reply to:
"Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately, I just don't think this will be a match. I'm so sorry. While all of the attention was very flattering, I'm afraid you just came on a bit too strong for me. Best of luck in your search!'
Contribute your funny dating emails to ilikedyourprofile@gmail.com

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

So this dude wote several unanswed e-mails before getting brushed off and letting roll with the crazy?

I think we need to see the leadup. Well, I do. I'm nosy.

11:18 AM  
Blogger EMS said...

I agree with constant dater. Sandra Dee- do you have the other emails? It would be a hoot!

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say poor SandraDee but she can handle herself and unfortunately this guy is a dime a dozen. Another oddball that seems to think that writing such an email will earn him points of some kind. It is as if they expect us to say "Oh you're right! Thank goodness you harrassed me by email so I would see through your stalker like persistence that you are the one for me! I'll have my wedding dress picked out by dinner time, pick me up early for the ceremony!"

9:52 AM  
Blogger Sabrinas said...

she's going to wind up lonely? c'mon now. he's developing an emotional attachment to a scanned photo and a bunch of html. you just can't like someone (or really, even be sure that they look like thier picture) off of an internet profile.

after a few weeks on the interent scene, one should really know to get attached at all until you've met them in the flesh. really, dating, interweb or no, is not for the pathologically sensitive.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Ro said...

After first reading that guys email I thought that they already had met but I guess not.

He must have had to say something really off for her to feel that his attention was too strongly foccused on her.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Sandra Dee said...

He basically sent me e-mails all about how much he liked me, how pretty I was, how much we had in common, asked me to be my MySpace friend, asked me why I wasn't responding, blah blah blah.

My feelings exactly Goodness Gracious.

Because this? Was all in ONE DAY.

So needless to say, I wrote him the "thanks but no thanks" e-mail - and THEN I got the "I don't like being bullshitted" e-mail.

Creepo.

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home